Out of this world alien cake pops makes for a fun treat this Halloween! Easy to make with only a few ingredients and steps to create these fun cake pops.
Cake pops are all the rage these days as they are a easy, handheld treat that comes in all shapes and colors. Kids love them with all of the fun designs that the cake can be molded into, like these aliens!
I went on a crazy chocolate mold shopping spree awhile back and I had saw this alien mold. When I saw it I knew that I had to buy it! It’s meant to be a chocolate lollipop mold, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative with it. That’s when I thought of making them into alien cake pops!
What You Need
- Chocolate mold: You will need this alien chocolate mold.
- Lollipop sticks
- Cake: Bake whatever kind of cake you like! It can be your family’s favorite from scratch or just a simple box mix.
- Frosting: You will need a small batch of simple buttercream. You can always use store bought frosting too.
- Candy melts: Green and black candy melts are the main colors that you will need, but you can always use a different color.
How to Make the Alien Cake Pops
- Start by melting the candy melts and putting a little into each mold and spreading it around to create a nice smooth base.
- Fill each mold 3/4 of the way with the cake pop mixture.
- Top with more chocolate and let harden.
- Remove the alien cake pops from the mold and add the details with the black chocolate.
Tips & Tricks
- Tap the mold against the counter to create that nice smooth finish for when you take the cake pop out of the mold.
- Make sure not to fill it too much with the cake mixture or else when you add the rest of the chocolate it won’t get that flat surface, but it doesn’t have to be perfect either.
- You can always add in the black chocolate details beforehand. Just take a small piping bag and pipe in the details. Let it harden and then continue following the rest of the steps to make these cake pops.
Other Recipes You May Like
Have you made this recipe? Follow me on Instagram and tag me in your photos so I can see your masterpiece! @sugarbyalyx
Want to see more recipes? Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when a new recipe is posted!
Alien Cake Pops
- Chocolate mold
- Lollipop sticks
- Take the cake and crumble it up. Add in the frosting and mix it up until the cake starts to stick together easily and can be formed into balls. Cover and set aside.
- Melt the green chocolate and spread a thin layer into each mold. Let set.
- Add in enough cake pop mix to fill up 3/4 of the mold. Insert the lollipop sticks and cover it with the cake.
- Top with more chocolate and let set until firm.
- Once firm, carefully remove from the mold and add in the details of the eyes with the black chocolate.