*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, please go here.
I made these cowboy cookies in mind of my dad. He loves cookies, and these guys are filled with chocolate candies and frosted with a peanut butter frosting. Not only that but they are topped with the cutest cowboy images! They are so fun, simple and just down right yummy!
Want to learn how to get images onto cookies and even cakes and chocolates? Then check out my new online edible printing course that will guide you through everything you need to know about edible printing, from start to finish! You won’t regret it! Not too sure if you want to buy something so pricey if you aren’t sure you’d like it? Then you can certainly check out my array of edible paper images you buy and try out before making such a huge purchase. You can even buy these images here in my shop!
Above are some products that I personally use and recommend for this recipe and to have for everyday use. One main thing that you will need in this recipe is the meringue powder for the buttercream. Meringue powder helps make the buttercream form a crust so that it won’t make a mess and smudge everywhere. If you prefer to not use meringue powder, than I suggest making a crusting buttercream or a royal icing.
m&m cookies with peanut butter buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp meringue powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. line a pan with parchment paper. in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the sugars and the butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. scrape down the side of the bowl and then add in the egg and vanilla. in another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk together. scrape down the sides of the bowl then on low speed, gradually add in the dry ingredients. add in the mini m&ms. wrap the dough into cling-wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out with desired shapes and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- put all of the ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. start slow and then gradually increase the speed. whip on high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. frost the cookies.