Jump to Recipe
What started as an experiment made these overly delicious and chocolaty beauties that has my whole family raving. It was also the last thing I made that my grandma had before she passed away, and she couldn’t stop eating them. She was also a chocoholic and I couldn’t agree more. These are some of the best double chocolate coconut oil cookies that I’ve ever had.
What makes it even better, is that since there is no butter to be found, makes these dairy free. It also makes it at least slightly healthier as well since coconut oil is a healthy fat. Even though these babies are overdosed in chocolate, it is better for you in a way. Right?
Make it extra!
These double chocolate coconut oil cookies are not only chocolaty, but the coconut oil gives it a nice crisp to the edges and leaves the center cake like and soft. The chocolate chips adds a nice creaminess to each bite and the coconut chips adds texture and a little crunch.
Wondering what coconut chips are and where to even find them? Well I found these one day at Target while browsing through the trail mix section. They are already toasted and delicious to just snack on all by itself. It’s not necessary to add these into the cookies but it does give the presence that there is coconut in it (coconut oil) and it does add texture to the cookies as well.
Change it up!
You don’t have to add in the coconut chips into these cookies. They’re good either way! But what you can do is add in dried strawberries and make it a little fruity! A chocolate strawberry cookie sounds absolutely delicious doesn’t it? Or you can just over load it with a variety of chocolate chips.
Other coconut treats to enjoy!
double chocolate cookies
these double chocolate cookies are made with coconut oil making them dairy free, fudge like and delicious.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut chips optional
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Scrape the bowl and then add the vanilla and the eggs and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine and sift the flour, salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and cocoa powder. Gradually add to the wet mixture until fully combined. Add in the chocolate chips and coconut chips and mix. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of the dough. Baking for 6 minutes, rotate the pan and then bake for another 6 minutes.