A plate of delicious cookies that are typically requested from the family during the holidays. There’s the basic peanut butter kiss cookies that I like to spice up a little bit. I like to use caramel kiss chocolates rather than the regular ones. And that creates the peanut butter caramel kiss cookies! It adds another dimension of texture and flavor to the cookies and they are absolutely, in my opinion, better this way.
Have any of you ever switched up the chocolate kiss on these cookies before? What’s your favorite one to use or do you prefer to keep it the classic, traditional way? There are so many different flavors of these chocolate kisses available out in stores that you can play around with! Let me know in the comments what you like to use!
The other cookie in the photos is the gingersnap that is dipped in white chocolate which you can find the recipe for right here!
Above are some products that I personally use and recommend for this recipe and to have for everyday use. One of my favorite things that I have many of are the BlueQ oven mitts. They aren’t just really funny and a great statement piece for your kitchen, but they are great quality too!
peanut butter caramel kiss cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter room-temp
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bag caramel chocolate kisses
- granulated sugar for rolling
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy, about 1 minute. scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. continue mixing until combined and then scrape the bowl down again. add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. roll out the cookie dough into a tablespoon sized ball and then roll in the granulated sugar. place on a lined sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes. remove from the oven and then add the caramel kisses to each cookie and bake for another 2-3 minutes. remove from the oven and let cool.