My dad is a cookie fanatic. Whenever I’m home he will always ask me to make cookies. So of course, since I was home for Christmas I had to make some type of cookie for him. Peanut butter cookies are always a favorite besides the classic chocolate chip. So I came up with these babies. They literally melt in your mouth and they are so tender and delicious!
I decided to add in some m&m’s to add in a little extra something, but of course that’s completely optional! You could even add in some chocolate chips or do a classic peanut butter cookie and roll them in sugar. It’s totally up to you on how you want to make them!
Now this dough is super soft! I made these at 1 a.m. and was super tired and could really care less on getting them baked. Since it was so soft, I wrapped it in cling wrap and popped it into the fridge to chill overnight. Best decision I could have made. Chilling the dough super easy to work with and the cookies came out spectacular! Make these and you will fall in love!
Other peanut butter treats.
peanut butter cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup peanut butter i used creamy, but if you like a little added crunch then try using crunchy peanut butter!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- m&m’s or chocolate chips optional
- in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until fluffy. scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs, vanilla, and dark corn syrup and mix to combine. add in the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated. scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another minute to make sure everything is mixed together. add in the chocolate chips or m&m’s if using. wrap the dough in some cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. take a small spoonful, about a tablespoon, of the dough and roll into a ball. place on a sheet pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until a light golden brown. remove from the oven and let cool.