*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, please go here.
S’mores are the treat of the summer. With the marshmallows that can either be burnt and gooey or lightly torched and soft, with lots of chocolate and graham crackers too. Why not try these s’mores brownies instead? It’s chewy, soft, and gooey too. It’s got everything that a regular s’mores does, but in an even better form that’s not messy or a fire hazard. Plus these brownies are super easy to make too!
Change it up!
You don’t have to make these as s’mores brownies if you don’t want to. I’ve made them with as a plain brownie and topped it with a simple chocolate buttercream and sprinkles on top! You could even add in some nuts and drizzle it with caramel and serve it warm with some ice cream if you really wanted to! There really is no wrong way to go about with brownies. No matter what you do with it, it’s bound to be eaten.
Be careful if you decide to use the broiler when toasting the marshmallows. You have to watch it very carefully so they don’t burn. I highly suggest just leaving it under the broiler for less than a minute and no longer than that. If you have a torch than I highly recommend you use that instead because you will have more control over the flame and how much the marshmallows are toasted. This will prevent the marshmallows from really burning by using a torch instead of using the broiler.
Products I recommend.
Above are some recommended tools and ingredients that I personally used when making these sinful s’mores brownies. It’s extremely helpful to have a square 8×8 inch cake pan but you can also use a basic casserole pan too.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and line a 8×8 inch square pan.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and melt. Mix together to incorporate. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs, sugar and vanilla to ribbon stage, or until pale and thick. Slowly add in the melted butter and chocolate and mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add into the wet mixture, a 1/3 of the dry at a time, and fold in by hand with a rubber spatula. Fold in the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers.
- Spread the brownie batter in a 8×8 inch square pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Top with some more marshmallows and use a torch or broiler to toast the marshmallows.