*This post contains affiliate links. To learn more please read the disclosure.
This fruity strawberry hibiscus pie is the perfect bite. Hints of floral from the hibiscus and the berry hibiscus tea makes the flavor really pop! Here is the link to the hibiscus sugar that i used, otherwise down below will be another option that you can purchase off of amazon.
The nice thing about pie is that it is very versatile and you can use any kind of berry. This recipe calls for strawberries, but since there is berry hibiscus tea in the recipe you can easily use blueberries, which would be absolutely delicious!
Above are some products that I personally use and recommend for this recipe and to have for everyday use. Two of the main ingredients in this pie recipe is the berry hibiscus tea and the hibiscus sugar. These ingredients make the pie what it is and gives it a slight floral flavor to this strawberry hibiscus pie. The photo link above for the hibiscus sugar through amazon is a completely different products to what I used for this pie. This is the link to the exact hibiscus sugar from that I used and recommend, but you can buy either.
strawberry hibiscus pie
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
- heavy cream to brush the crust
- hibiscus sugar to sprinkle on the crust
- 16 oz fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp berry hibiscus tea
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar and salt and mix to combine. add in the cold butter and mix on low until the butter is broken down to pea size. once the butter is mixed in, add in the cold water and mix until fully combined. split the dough in 1/2. roll out one half for the bottom of your pan and press it down. add in the filling. with the remaining dough, roll out and cut into strips for a lattice topper of your pies or however you want to decorate the top. trim the excess dough off of the sides. brush heavy cream on top of the dough and sprinkle with the hibiscus sugar. bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble and the crust is slightly golden.
- combine all ingredients in a bowl. spoon into the pie tin and then cover with your decorative topping.