*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, please go here.
This is by far not your traditional tiramisu. Its tart, sweet, and perfect for this seasons strawberry pickings. Strawberry tiramisu is a perfectly light dessert for this summer. And it’s also incredibly easy to make too! It’s so easy you can make it within 20 minutes! It’s also super easy to switch it up and make it your own too!
Change it up!
There are lots of ways to make tiramisu unique and fun! This strawberry tiramisu is delicious, but you can always replace the fruit with something else if you’d like. You can even change the soaking liquid for the lady fingers too! Instead of using bailey’s you can use:
Vodka! Grab a flavored vodka that will pair up well with the fruit or filling you’ve chosen. Like white chocolate or lemon!
Rum chata! Did you know that they make a lemon rum chata? That would be delicious with the strawberries or even blueberries!
Malibu rum! This would be an interesting one to soak the lady fingers in if you are wanting something tropical. If you are in an area that has mango’s or passion fruit that would go perfect with this!
Products I recommend
Above are some products that I personally use and recommend for this recipe and to have for everyday use. If you can’t find lady fingers in your local grocery store, than I suggest getting these from amazon. Most grocery stores back home in North Dakota don’t have any of the fancy grocery items, like these lady fingers, so amazon is typically the way to go when I’m home.
- lady finger cookies
- strawberries sliced
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bailey's
- 1/2 cup milk
- place all of the ingredients, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and heavy cream, into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. start on low speed, to incorporate all of the ingredients, and gradually increase and whip to stiff peaks. set aside.
- combine the bailey's (or alcohol of choice) and the milk into a bowl. set aside.
- place 4 glasses or a small casserole dish onto your work space.
- start by soaking the lady finger cookies in the bailey's soak until saturated. make sure not to soak to long for the cookies to completely disintegrate. if you are using individual glasses, it's easier if you cut the lady fingers in half before soaking so that they fit in the glass easily.place the soaked lady finger cookies onto the bottom of your glasses or dish.
- take a piping bag (or ziplock baggie) and fill with the mascarpone mousse. fill your glasses with a small layer of the mousse.
- top with strawberry slices.
- repeat these steps 2 more times for layering the tiramisu, ending with mousse on top and a whole strawberry. (reference the photos in the post for layering)
- refrigerate until serving.