*disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. to learn more, please go here.
You ready for this white chocolate ice cream with roasted strawberries on top? Because I most certainly am! This ice cream is incredibly sweet, but the strawberries help that just slightly. It’s definitely one of those desserts that you can only have a little of at a time and something that you should share with your favorite person.
- Enjoy the ice cream with the roasted strawberries warm on top.
- Or have the roasted strawberries cold.
- Fold the roasted strawberries into the ice cream after it’s churned.
- Puree the roasted strawberries to make it into a sauce.
- Blend the ice cream and strawberries together and make a milkshake.
Change it up!
Now this white chocolate ice cream with roasted strawberries is very sweet, and I know that not a lot of people are crazy fans of that. You can always change it up and add in something that will cut the sweetness. Instead of roasted strawberries, you could roast blueberries with some lemon juice or bananas even. Roasted peaches, pineapples, or even cherries. You can really roast any type of fruit and it will pair perfectly with this ice cream.
Products I recommend
Above are some products that I personally use and recommend for this recipe and to have for everyday use. I highly recommend starting off with the cuisinart ice cream machine as your first ice cream maker. It’s the cheapest one on amazon and I personally use it and love it! I also suggest getting a reusable ice cream container as well, it’s dishwasher safe and you can use it over and over again!
white chocolate ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 16 oz fresh strawberries quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- place the heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt into a small pot and bring to a boil, whisking to make sure the sugar dissolves. add in the white chocolate and whisk until fully melted then strain through a fine-mesh strainer. place the ice cream base into the fridge overnight to cool and to let the flavor increase. following the manufacturer’s instructions of your ice cream machine, turn the base for 20-25 minutes.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. in a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss until the strawberries are fully coated. spread the strawberries onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. place into the oven for 30 minutes. let cool.